Forms for Application:
Certification Fee Schedule - click here.
Fire Fighter (Red Scantron) Application - see your local Fire Department
How to Apply:
- Verify that you have meet the certification guidelines:
Volunteer Fire Fighter
Fire Fighter I
Fire Fighter II
OR Refer to the SFT Procedures Manual (ver. 2008) p. 90.
- Complete the (Scantron) Application form:
- Fill in all bubble sections & be sure to bubble the box for the certification level you are requesting (Vol. FF, FF I, FF II)
- Signed by the Fire Chief or an authorized signatory & list the Fire Agency. If it’s a CAL FIRE agency then also list your unit.
[Note: You may apply for multiple certifications at the same time by submitting a separate Scantron for each certification level and marking the appropriate check box on the application.]
- Print the Certification Fee Schedule form. See link above.
I. By Mail:
II. In Person:
- Complete Scantron application and Certification Fee Schedule.
- Submit Check or Money Order made out to “CAL Fire –State Fire Training”.
- Mail to: the address listed on the Certification Fee Schedule
Note: Processing may take up to 6 weeks.
- Bring completed Scantron and Certification Fee Schedule.
- Check/Money Order made out to “CAL Fire –State Fire Training” or exact cash (we cannot make change)
*sorry we do not accept Credit/Debit cards.
Note: You may drop off your application packet anytime, but if you wish to receive your certificate that day, then scheduling an appointment is the safest way to ensure that your certificate will be processed. Call to schedule an appointment.
For information regarding Fire Fighter I National Recognition please visit the National Recognition webpage by clicking here.
At this time, SFT does not offer reciprocity for certifications, including IFSAC and Pro Board that were received in another state. In order to apply for SFT certification in California, you must meet all of the requirements listed in the SFT Procedures Manual click here (or refer to pg. 94 SFT Procedures Manual -ver. 2008). We recommend you contact the fire department requiring the certification to determine if they will accept your alternative certificates.
Student Training Records
Note: These training forms are to be printed and given to your Fire Chief for review of qualifications.
It is not necessary to turn these in to State Fire Training
Duplicate Fire Fighter Certificate
To request a Duplicate Fire Fighter Certificate complete and submit the Certification Fee Schedule (see form above) & submit with check or money order to the address listed on the form. Processing time can take up to 6 weeks.
Interested in finding an Accredited Regional Training Program (ARTP) or Accredited Local Academy (ALA)? To visit our Accredited Academies webpage click here.
FIRE DEPT INFORMATION:
Reordering Fire Fighter (Scantron) Application Forms
Fire Fighter Scantron applications can be requested via email to the current SFT contact person (listed at the top of this page). Departments are encouraged to request a small supply so the Training Officer has them available as needed. Your request must include your name, shipping/mailing address, and the quantity requested.
Update the Authorized Fire Chief database
To successfully receive a California OSFM firefighter certification, the Fire Chief or signatory for the listed agency must be authorized and currently listed in the Authorized Chief database before submitting the FF Scantron application form.
To update your Chief or to add an authorized signatory, please clink the link below:
Click Here for update information