Chief Fire Officer (2014)
Chief Fire Officer utilizes NFPA 1021 Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications (2014) and NFPA 1051 Standard for Wildland Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications (2016) to provide the qualifications for State Fire Training’s Chief Fire Officer Certification. These qualifications are documented in the Chief Fire Officer Certification Training Standards (CTS). State Fire Training coordinated the development of the CTS guide, certification and associated curriculum. The Statewide Training and Education Advisory Committee (STEAC) and the State Board of Fire Services (SBFS) recommended these standards and qualifications for adoption by the Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM).
Chief Fire Officer is the second certification in the California Officer professional certification series. The requirements for this certification can be found in the SFT Procedures Manual. The Chief Fire Officer Implementation Plan was developed to provide detailed information regarding how and when the transition to this new certification will go into effect. To apply for this certification, please review and complete the documentation below.
|Task Book||Application||Fee Schedule||Checklist|
- Chief Fire Officer 3A: Human Resources Management Course Plan
- Chief Fire Officer 3B: Budget and Fiscal Responsibilities Course Plan
- Chief Fire Officer 3C: General Administration Functions Course Plan
- Chief Fire Officer 3D: Emergency Service Delivery Responsibilities Course Plan
- ICS-300: Intermediate ICS Course Plan