The purpose and goal of State Fire Training's certification program is to; set minimum performance standards, identify the tasks a candidate must perform to obtain certification, provide the means for maintaining a record of training accomplishments, correlate OSFM certification standards with state & national certification program standards, and to have all fire fighters in CA become certified to an appropriate level.
Forms and Information
How to Apply:
Check the SFT Procedures Manual or click on your certification subject below for certification requirements.
If you have met all of the certification requirements, then applying for certification is easy!
- Print. Download & print the Certification Fee Schedule form.
- Complete. Check the box for the certification type you are interested in (use the same form for multiple certifications), fill out the bottom section of the form and attach all required documentation.
*Please print clearly on your application form. This will result in a faster process with less possibility of misspelled names on the certificates.
I. By Mail:
II. In Person:
- Include all required application documents & completed Certification Fee Schedule.
- Submit Check or Money Order made out to “CAL Fire –State Fire Training ” if applicable.
- Mail to: the address listed on the Certification Fee Schedule
*Processing typically takes 6-12 weeks.
Note: You may drop off your application packet anytime, but if you wish to receive your certificate that day, then scheduling an appointment is the safest way to ensure that your certificate will be processed. Call to schedule an appointment.
- Bring all required application documents & completed Certification Fee Schedule.
- Check/Money Order made out to “CAL Fire –State Fire Training” or exact cash - if applicable.
*sorry we do not accept Credit/Debit cards
***Do not apply for any certification before you have met all requirements***
Locking In...no longer exists
It is not an option to “lock in” at the current certification standards and fee rate prior to submitting your complete certification application. Therefore, if you do not complete the course work or achieve the required experience prior to changes in the Certification Training Standard (CTS) you may be required to complete additional training.
"State Fire Training is committed to providing the highest level
of quality training and education to the California fire service community"
Related Program Sites
This Google™ translation feature is provided for informational purposes only.
The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protecton is unable to guarantee the accuracy of this translation and is therefore not liable for any inaccurate information resulting from the translation application tool.
Please consult with a translator for accuracy if you are relying on the translation or are using this site for official business.
If you have any questions please contact us here.
Select a Language Below / Seleccione el Idioma Abajo
Close this box or use the [ X ]