On this page:
- 12-2018 - Title 19 Regulation Notice – Notice of a 45-Day Public Comment Period
- 12-2018 - Seeking Rope Rescue Operational and Rope Rescue Technician Development Cadre Members (CLOSED)
- 11-2018 - Digital Course Returns Informational Bulletin
- 11-2018 - SFT User Portal Accounts have been turned on. More information can be found within the RMS Online User Portal Information Bulletin or the this SFT E-News announcement.
- 10-2018 - Fire Fighter 1 & 2 Historical Recognition Bulletin
- 10-2018 - Fire Investigator I / Fire Investigator II Retirement Reminder
- 10-2018 - Chief Officer Retirement Reminder
- 10-2018 - SFT Seeking Command of Expanding All-Hazard Incidents Cadre Members (CLOSED)
- 10-2018 - Fire Fighter 1 Certification Exam Requirement will be effective January 1, 2019 for all FF applicants. If you are considering applying for FF 1 without completing the certification exam, all applications must be postmarked on or before December 31, 2018.
- 10-2018 - SFT Seeking Fire Fighter I/II Curriculum Update and Test Bank Development Cadre Members (CLOSED)
- 09-2018 - New Damage Inspection Specialist and Damage Inspection Manager FSTEP Courses
- 09-2018 - Certified Fire Chief Gregory Barton
- 08-2018 - Effective January 1, 2019 the instructor registration requirements will change significantly. The Instructor Changes Informational Bulletin aims to address and clarify the changes to the instructor requirements.
- 08-2018 - New Fire Marshal (2016) Certification available. Fire Marshal (1997) will retire on 12-31-2019 (PDF).
- 08-2018 - Many Certifications will retire this year including Chief Officer, Fire Investigator I and Fire Investigator II. Additionally, Fire Marshal and Fire Mechanic I, II, and III all retire on 12-31-2019.
- 08-2018 - The State Fire Training (SFT) online Instructor Database web page has been revamped and once again contains current information regarding instructor registration.
- 08-2018 - Confined Space Rescue Awareness Course has been updated to the 2018 edition. Visit the CSRA implementation plan for more information
- 08-2018 - Incident Safety Awareness for Hired Vendors Course has been updated to the 2018 edition. Visit the ISAHV implementation plan for more information.
- 08-2018 - Certified Fire Chief Lorenzo Gigliotti
- 08-2018 - New Accredited Local Academies: Glendale FD, Vallejo FD, Contra Costa Co. FPD and Cosumnes FD
- 06-2018 - SFT has moved to a new location! Now located at 2251 Harvard Street, Suite 400, Sacramento CA 95815
- 03-2018 - Confined Space Rescue Awareness Course Update. Visit the CSRA implementation plan for more information.
- 03-2018 - SFT Seeking Aircraft Rescue And Fire Fighting Awareness Cadre Members
- 02-2018 - AH-330 officially replaced the S-330 & AR-330 courses
- 02-2018 - Chief Fire Officer & Company Officer Curriculum Information Bulletin
- 02-2018 - SFT Seeking Ethical Leadership in The Classroom Course Update Cadre Members
- 02-2018 - SFT Seeking Water Rescue Cadre Members
- 12-2017 - State Fire Training proposed new instructor requirements and terminology. Review the Instructor Registration Requirement Bulletin for more information
- 12-2017 - Starting Oct. 1, 2017 all Fire Fighter 1 (2013) Certification certificates with Pro Board & IFSAC seals will be issued individually per NFPA standard
- 12-2017 - Retiring Certifications Reminder (FF I/II/Volunteer (2001), Training Instructor (2010), Plans Examiner (1997) will retire on 12/31/17)
- 12-2017 - Retiring Certifications Reminder (Chief Officer and Fire Investigator I/II will retire on 12/31/18)
- 12-2017 - NEW FSTEP Instructor curriculum has been made available from legacy instructor curriculum: Techniques of Evaluation, Group Dynamics/Problem Solving and Employing Audiovisual Aids
- 12-2017 - NEW AH-330 Strike Team/Task Force Leader Curriculum (2017) will replace S-330 (2005) and S-330 All Risk (2002) after 12/31/17
- 12-2017 - NEW FSTEP Incident Management curriculum has been made available from legacy command curriculum; Incident Management of High Rise Fires, Incident Management of the Fire Fighter Emergencyand Incident Management of Major Fires
- 12-2017 - Fire Service Labor/Relations Management Instructor registration procedure has received a small rank/experience requirement update
- 09-2017 - ICS-300 & ICS-400 curriculum has been added to the SFT Curriculum web page
- 09-2017 - NEW State Fire Training Division Chief, Andrew Henning
- 09-2017 - Certified Fire Chief John Binaski
- 09-2017 - NEW Accredited Local Academies Livermore-Pleasanton FD, Clovis FD, and Sacramento FD
- 09-2017 - Certified Fire Chief Christian Tubbs
- 09-2017 - Fire Fighter I (2001) Certification Retirement Reminder effective December 31, 2017
- 09-2017 - Command and Control of The Ric Deployment Retirement Reminder effective July 1, 2017
- 09-2017 - Hybrid/Online Training Procedures have been updated information regarding hybrid delivery can be found on the accredited academies webpage
- 09-2017 - Instructor Update Classes Are Back! See course flyer
- 08-2017 - INFO Bulletin – Task Book Updates
- 08-2017 - Info Bulletin – Fire Investigator II Update
- 06-2017 - SFT’s has a new database and all available SFT training can now be found on the new Available SFT Classes web page.
- 06-2017 - Certified Fire Chief Lance Calkins
- 06-2017 - Fire Investigator I and II will retire December 31, 2018
- 06-2017 - Update to Course Evaluation
- 03-2017 - NEW Accredited Regional Local Academy (ALA) Hayward Fire Department
- 03-2017 - Evaluator Training is available for the first half of 2017
- 02-2017 - Retired Certifications reminder: Fire Fighter I, Fire Fighter II, Volunteer FF, Training Instructor (2010), and Plans Examiner all retired on 1/1/18
- 01-2017 - As of January 1, 2017 Fire Instructor II & III, Fire Officer, Driver/Operator I and Public Education Officer certifications were retired
- 01-2017 - As of January 1, 2017 Auto Ex., Fire Control 4 (’97), 4A, 4B, D/O Aerial/Tiller, D/O 1A & 1B, Training Inst. 1A-1C, Fire Inst. 2A-2C, Prv. 1, Mgt 1-2E courses were retired
- 01-2017 - California Fire Fighter 1 Reciprocity/Upgrade program is now available
- 12-2016 - Instructor Registration did not retire on 12/31/16. See info bulletin for clarification.
- 12-2016 - Fire Officer Certification Retirement FAQ
- 11-2016 - Training Instructor Certification retirement has been extended from December 31, 2016 to December 31, 2017
- 11-2016 - Chief Officer Certification retirement has been extended from December 31, 2016 to December 31, 2018.
- 11-2016 - Many Certifications will retire this year including Fire Inst. II, III, Fire Officer, D/O I and Pub. Ed. I
- 11-2016 - Vehicle Extrication activities have been updated
- 08-2016 - FF I Implementation Timeline
- 07-2016 - The Fire Arson Detection course is now retired.
- 07-2016 - NFA Class Schedule Fed FY 2016
- 04-2016 - FF I Skills Sheet Updates
- 04-2016 - SFT’s Deputy State Fire Marshal Mike Garcia retires
- 04-2016 - Certified Fire Chief Eric Nickels
- 03-2016 - Community Risk Educator course prerequisite update
- 03-2016 - Reminder: A number of Certifications & related courses will retire this year (TI, Ins II, Ins III, FO, DAO I, Pub Ed I)
- 03-2016 - NEW SFT Division Chief: Welcome Chief Mathisen
- 02-2016 - FF I (2013) Certification FAQ
- 02-2016 - Fire Control 4 Course Plan Update
- 02-2016 - Certification Track briefing in Castroville, CA
- 12-2015 - Reminder: Fire Fighter I (2001) Curriculum will retire December 31, 2015
- 12-2015 - NEW Accredited Regional Local Academy (ALA) Sacramento Metropolitan Fire Department
- 12-2015 - Auto Extrication (1997) curriculum retires 12/31/16 and replaced with Vehicle Extrication (2015)
- 12-2015 - NEW Fire Control 4 Curriculum Available
- 11-2015 - RIO Extension
- 11-2015 - NEW Certification & Curriculum Available (ECFO, PE, INSIII, CR, D/O)
- 09-2015 - NEW Instructor Registration Procedures
- 09-2015 - New ARTP – Columbia College
- 09-2015 - Updated Implementation Plans – Chief Fire Officerand Instructor
- 10-2015 - Certification Track briefing in Concord, CA
- 08-2015 - Certification Track briefing in San Marcos, CA
- 07-2015 - Command 1A (2012) Prerequisite
- 07-2015 - Certification Track briefing in Redding, CA
- 06-2015 - Certified Fire Mechanics record authorization bulletin
- 05-2015 - Instructor Update Courses are now available
- 03-2015 -New Online Class Evaluation Form
- 03-2015 -Trench Instructor Rollout Courses
- 02-2015 - Trench Rescue Tech resources bulletin
- 02-2015 - Certification Track briefing in Windsor, CA
- 12-2014 - ICS Changes for ICS 200-300-400 Instructors
- 06-2014 - Update to the Command 1A Prerequisite
- 06-2014 - Last chance to take an Instructor Update Class.
- 06-2014 - Clarification on Certification and Course Requirements for Existing Fire Officer
- 05-2014 - Need an Instructor Update Course? Take our Survey
- 03-2014 - CICCS Historical Recognition for NIMS Instructors
- 01-2014 - Repost-Clarification on Requirement for Fire Chief's Signature
- 03-2013 - Elimination of Shipping SFT Manuals & Supplements Bulletin
- 03-2013 - Traffic Incident Management Responder Training Program
- 10-2013 - Fire Prevention 1: Instructor Rollout Course Survey
- 10-2013 - Fire Inspector II Curriculum Now Available
- 10-2013 - IAFF Fire Ground Survival Program Equivalency
- 09-2013 - Fire Chief Reciprocity
- 09-2013 - NEW Instructor Update Courses Now Available
- 08-2013 - Master Instructors - Introducing Terminal and Enabling learning objectives
- 07-2013 - NIST Report on Highrise Firefighting
- 06-2013 - Fire Inspector Certification Implementation
- 05-2013 - Pipeline Safety Training for First Responders
- 02-2013 - Updating an Authorized Chief or Signatory
- 01-2013 - Fire Prevention I Instructor ROLLOUT Course Flyer
- 04-2012 - Curriculum Changes - Eff. Jan. 2013
- 11-2012 - Nov 27 SFT Postcard - Registered Instructor Mass Mailing!
- 11-2012 - MEMO Fire Officer & Fire Inspector
- 10-2012 - MEMO Prevention I ROLLOUT
- 09-2012 - Prevention I ROLLOUT Course Flyer
- 05-2012 - SFT Registered Instructor Update Course flyer
- 01-2012 - Training Instructor Capstone Task Book Process
- 11-2011 - Elimination of State Fire Training provided Course Exams
- 06-2011 - Instructor Registration deadline for using old Fire Instructor 1A & 1B is Dec. 31, 2011
- 03-2011 - Training Instructor Courses Transition Timeline
- 01-2011 - Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator 1A (2008) Course Updates
- 12-2010 - Fireline Safety Awareness for Hired Vendors Release Letter.
- 12-2010 - Training Instructor Curriculum Addendum
- 10-2010 - Fire Fighter Survival Primary Instructor Trainee Task Book
- 02-2010 - Training Instructor Courses FAQ's
- 01-2010 - EMT-I Training and Certification Program to Terminate.
- 06-2009 - Summative Test Changes