It's important to note that Instructor Registration is a distinct process that allows you to teach SFT courses but does not confer professional certification in firefighting or emergency response. If you are looking to certify your own professional skills, this is a separate process entirely.To get started on your journey to becoming an SFT Instructor, follow the step-by-step application process outlined below.
How to Apply
- Review the Instructor Registration requirements listed in the SFT Procedures Manual (PDF).
Important: Do not apply for registration until you have met all requirements.
- Download and complete the Instructor Application form & provide all supporting documents:
- Fill in the application form completely, and check off all of the classes that you are applying for.
- Include a current resume, copies of your applicable SFT course certificates, task books (when applicable), and your experience letter from the Fire Chief qualifying your experience.
- Submit completed application packet & supporting documents by mail.
PO Box 944246
Sacramento, CA 94244-2460”
Instructor Reciprocity (PACE 2)
SFT provides an alternative method through the Peer Assessment for Instructor Equivalency (PACE II) process to qualify fire service personnel to teach specific courses when the applicant has not completed the course through SFT they wish to teach. To pursue Instructor Reciprocity, the applicant shall submit the following items to SFT:
- A completed Instructor Reciprocity Application form.
- A non-refundable Instructor Reciprocity fee per course requested
- A justification letter that includes: a request for Instructor Reciprocity review, a list of courses for which the applicant seeks equivalency, and a complete justification for the request.
- Copies of all relevant course records, certificates, resumes, and any other required documents