Company Officer (2014)
The Company Officer Certification utilizes NFPA 1021 Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications (2014) and NFPA 1051 Standard for Wildland Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications (2016) to provide the qualifications for State Fire Training’s Company Officer certification. These qualifications are documented in the Company Officer Certification Training Standards (CTS). State Fire Training coordinated the development of the CTS guide, certification and associated curriculum. The Statewide Training and Education Advisory Committee (STEAC) and the State Board of Fire Services (SBFS) recommended these standards and qualifications for adoption by the Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM).
Company Officer is the first certification in the California Officer professional certification series. The requirements for this certification can be found in the SFT Procedures Manual. The Company Officer Implementation Plan was developed to provide detailed information regarding how and when the transition to this new certification will go into effect. To apply for this certification, please review and complete the documentation below.
- Company Officer 2A: HR Management Course Plan
- Company Officer 2B: General Administrative Functions Course Plan
- Company Officer 2C: Fire Inspections and Investigation Course Plan
- Company Officer 2D: All-Risk Command Operations Course Plan
- Company Officer 2E: Wildland Incident Operations Course Plan
- Instructor 1: Instruction Methodology Course Plan