California Incident Data and Statistics Program
NFIRS - After Action Incident Reporting
Health and Safety Code (HSC) 13110.5 Requirements
The State Fire Department must:
- Document and report all incidents according to regulations and standards set forth by the State Fire Marshal.
All other Fire Departments must:
- Report all Fire incidents according to regulations and standards set forth by the State Fire Marshal.
The State Fire Marshal must:
- Gather information on all incidents occurring within California.
- Adopt regulations prescribing the scope of the information, the manner of reporting, the forms to be used, the time the information shall be reported, and all other requirements determined necessary.
- Collect and analyze the information and data reported by all fire departments.
- Compile an annual report and make their analysis available to all fire officials and the State EMSA.
Step 1 - Contact the Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM) to request a Fire Department Identification Number (FDID)
Step 2 - Choose your NFIRS reporting software (eNFIRS free web-based system or third-party vendor software)
Step 4 - (NFIRS-compliant vendor software users ONLY) - Import files into eNFIRS (Monthly)
- eNFIRS Login PageExternal Link
- Update Your Fire Department Information (NEW Online Form)
- New! eNFIRS Multi-Factor Authentication Information
- External LinkSubmit updated GIS boundaries: California Local Fire District Submission AppExternal Link
To request NFIRS reporting verification for grants or other funding purposes, email:
Please include your FDID, the time frame you are requesting, and any further details. Be sure to include "NFIRS Reporting Verification" in the subject line.