Fire Fighter 2 2019
Fire Fighter 2 is the second certification in the California Fire Fighter professional certification series. The requirements for this certification can be found in the SFT Procedures Manual. The Fire Fighter Implementation Plan (PDF) was developed to provide detailed information regarding how the transition to this new certification edition was implemented.
The Fire Fighter 2 Certification Application is for applicants who completed the Fire Fighter 2 academic training and certification requirements.
Upgrade Applicants who have a California Office of the State Fire Marshal Fire Fighter 2 Certification and are seeking IFSAC/Pro Board certification shall apply using the Fire Fighter 2 Upgrade Application.
Reciprocity Applicants who have a Fire Fighter 2 accredited certification from IFSAC and/or Pro Board and are seeking California Fire Fighter 2 reciprocity, need to apply using the Fire Fighter 2 Reciprocity Application.
The Fire Fighter 2 Reciprocity Application is for applicants who have a Fire Fighter 2 accredited certification from IFSAC and/or Pro Board and are seeking California Fire Fighter 1 reciprocity. Certificates not bearing the appropriate seals shall not be considered.
Visit the Fire Fighter 2 (2019) Reciprocity Application (PDF) for more information.
Download and complete the Fire Fighter Task Book (PDF).
The Fire Fighter 2 Upgrade Application is designed for applicants who have a California Office of the State Fire Marshal Fire Fighter 2 and are seeking accredited certification from IFSAC and Pro Board.
Visit the Fire Fighter 2 Upgrade Application (PDF) for more information.
Curriculum & Testing Delivery Information
- Training Record (PDF)
- Task Book (PDF)
- Fire Fighter 2A: Structure Skills Sheets (Zip) [Updated: 05/18/23]
- Alternate Delivery
- Remedial Training (PDF) [or go to the SFT Procedures Manual: 11.8 Psychomotor & Cognitive Remediation]
- Skills Sheet Errata (PDF)
- Certification Exam Overview (PDF)
- Cognitive Exam Portal (Acadis Login)
- Psychomotor Exam Skills Summary (PDF)
- Exam Request Form (PDF)
- Exam Scripts:
- Lead Evaluator Cognitive Script (PDF)
- Lead Evaluator Psychomotor Script (PDF)
- Skills Evaluator Pre-Exam Script (PDF)
- Skills Evaluator Post Exam Script (PDF)
- Cognitive Exam Proctor Instructions (PDF)
- Exam Eligibility Requirement Info Bulletin (PDF)
- Psychomotor Skills Exam Changes Info Bulletin (PDF)
- Missed Learning Objective Report Info Bulletin (PDF)
- Question Audit Request (PDF)
More information and exam scheduling documentation can be found on the Evaluator Resources web page.
The Fire Fighter 1A and 2A Recommended Teaching Order can be used by agencies who elect to combine the Fire Fighter 1A and 2A Course Plans during the fire academy. Fire Fighter 2A is not required to be taught with the Fire Fighter 1A curriculum.